Most Lifelike Partial Dentures in Tampa
Partial dentures are a great way to replace important, missing teeth in an easy yet effective way. When searching for partial dentures near me, you might be bombarded with information and it can often seem confusing. At Modern Day Smiles, we seek to educate and provide partial dentures in the 33615 area to patients looking to enhance their dental health and improve their confidence.
On this page, we will discuss the partial denture procedure, addressing key dental care processes and advice to assist patients with achieving their dental health goals. We encourage individuals seeking partial dentures to get in touch with our Tampa dental office so we can book you an appointment and work towards your smile goals.
What are Partial Dentures?
Partial dentures are similar to full dentures with their ability to replace missing teeth. However, unlike full dentures, a partial denture is used to replace a missing tooth/a couple of teeth as opposed to the whole row of teeth. These dentures (similar to full dentures) are referred to as removable dentures due to the fact they can be easily taken out when needed.
When do I need Partial Dentures?
We often recommend patients opt for partial dentures for the following reasons. Our experienced dentists are ever ready to help with addressing any concerns around these problems:
- Patients who only have a few teeth remaining in the mouth
- Patients with enough teeth but they are not strong enough or experience compromised bone support
- Patients who are unable to afford a fixed bridge
What are Partial Dentures made of?
Partial dentures can be made from a variety of different materials, ranging from acrylic to nylon or metal. The material used is ultimately dependent on the patient’s choice and case.
Are Partial Dentures Noticeable?
Many people may fear partial dentures as too noticeable in their mouth and therefore will affect their confidence too much, thankfully this is simply not the case due to the material used. The only instance whereby dentures may be noticeable is when they don’t fit well, however with the help of our state-of-the-art technology and expertise of the dentists at Modern Day Smiles, issues like these are extremely rare.
What are the Benefits of Partial Dentures?
There are many benefits when it comes to partial dentures. Our dental specialists are happy to provide a briefing with you before the procedure; however, the most noticeable benefits include:
- A regain in functionality with chewing. Making chewing easier and far more comfortable.
- Retaining the shape of your face and appearance of your teeth due to the natural look of the partial dentures.
- No surgery is required, thus saving on costs for the patient as well as convenience.
- Partial dentures decrease the risk of developing gum disease which is a great aid towards effective dental health.
How do I clean my partial dentures?
Cleaning your partial dentures is a simple process when followed correctly:
- Carefully remove your dentures before beginning the cleaning process.
- Rinse your dentures under warm water (avoid water that’s too hot or boiling) after each meal you consume.
- Brush your dentures daily with a special denture brush.
- Whilst brushing, use warm water, soap or a denture paste. Avoid using regular toothpaste as it’s too abrasive and can damage dentures.
- Soak the dentures in water with a denture solution. Avoid using alcohol-based solutions as it can discolor the acrylic.
- After soaking rinse them thoroughly under warm water.
Why Modern Day Smiles for Partial Dentures?
Modern Day Smiles in Tampa, FL caters to patients with both affordable full and partial dentures to restore the beauty of your smile and your self-confidence. We have a long list of satisfied patients who trust us with their dental health goals and we’d love to do the same for you! Contact our office today for more information or to schedule an appointment.